PARSEC Press Release #4
Brussels, Belgium, 3rd of July 2020
PARSEC Accelerator Open Call 2 concluded today by selecting the 15 teams that will receive access to €100.000 in equity-free funding and the PARSEC second stage business support services. In total, 60 consortia consisting of start-ups and SMEs had their businesses evaluated by a jury of experts during the PARSEC Demo days.
The PARSEC Demo Days consisted of two intensive pitching days on the 2nd and 3rd of July 2020. This marked the end of the PARSEC Open Call 2 which aimed to select the 15 best Earth Observation based innovations for the food, energy or environment sectors. After four months of support and networking, the 100 winners of PARSEC’s first Open Call (#100PARSEC) teamed up with their peers and external SMEs in order to apply for the Open Call 2 and scale up their ideas. During the Demo Days they defended their applications in front of a jury consisting of industrial CEOs, investors and business leaders.
“Following the highly competitive selection process by the jury, I am impressed to see so many talented teams proposing innovative solutions covering a wide range of EO data to tackle challenges in the food, energy or environment sectors. I am looking forward to supporting the 15 winners in their development towards the global market” says Emmanuel Pajot, Secretary General of EARSC and PARSEC coordinator.
Among the 60 consortia – representing 142 SMEs and start-ups from 32 countries – those evaluated to have the highest market potential and become the #15PARSEC are – in ranking order:
- Village Data Analytics by TFE Energy GmbH and UnternehmerTUM.
- Crop Predictions Take Flight by Computomics GmbH and SiberGeo OÜ.
- OKEANOS integrated solution for oil spills at sea by ORBITAL EOS S.L. and cmcc srl.
- Snow information for Hydropower by ExoLabs, Think Outside and UBIMET.
- Automated cotton insurance by OKO and Agcurate.
- Copernicus Blue – Preventing illegal fishing by Vake AS, Lelieur BV and AnsuR Technologies.
- POLARIS by Berring Data Collective and Deep Blue Globe UG.
- Space Application for Detecting Aedes Mosquito Risk Areas by DIPTERON UG and HOSTmi GmbH.
- Ecosystem Services by REVALUE IT LIMITED, Global Geo-Intelligence Solutions Ltd. and Verhaert new product and services.
- The Century Project by Greenvetory GmbH and Green Urban Data.
- ScyscrApp by HOP UBIQUITOUS S.L., MURMURATION and TerraNIS.
- Rom(EO) by LiveEO and FuVeX Civil SL.
- Healthy Places – Air Quality-Based Urban Routing and Information by Breeze Technologies UG and Navture Aps Proximi.io.
- IO3T by ENIO Çevre Teknolojileri LTD. ŞTİ and IoTartic pr Zoran Zivkovic.
- Space4Fauna by All4Elevation B.V. and Fauna Smart Technologies.
Within each winning consortium, the SMEs and start-ups have access to a maximum of €50.000 in equity-free funding each and will now be able to work with the PARSEC experts for the upcoming year. They will benefit from a set of business support services, such as expert promotion, coaching in attracting further capital, the PARSEC investment readiness program and fit for purpose solutions by the Business Catalysts.
PARSEC Demo Days Jury members: Candace Johnson, Founder and Member of the Board, OWNSAT, Oceania Women’s Network Satellite, investor in Kacific Satellite Systems, (EBAN Space), Fabrice Testa Chairman of EBAN Space, Co-Chairman Luxembourg Space Tech Angels (EBAN Space), Patrick Nadoll, Senior Advisor – Exploration and Resource Assessment (EIT Raw Materials), Lorena Jurado, Business Development Manager Innovation Hub CLC South (EIT Raw Materials), Michalis Stangos, Founder of Industry Disruptors-Game Changers (ID-GC), Frank M. Salzgeber, Head of Innovation and Ventures (ESA), Joana Kamenova, Outreach and Business Analyst (ESA), Marcello Maranesi, CEO of GMATICS (GMATICS), Regis Hamelin, CTO of BLUMORPHO (BLUMORPHO).
Read and download the Press Release here.
Note for Editors
PARSEC is a business accelerator supporting the creation of new Earth Observation-based products and services. The accelerator targets SMEs, start-ups, entrepreneurs and individuals who want to have an impact on the emerging Food, Energy and Environment sectors. The holistic two-stage acceleration programme offers a total of €2.5 Million in equity-free funding alongside coaching, training and market entry support. The second stage PARSEC acceleration programme is planned to run from September 2020 until October 2021.
The PARSEC Accelerator partners
For further information
Mr Emmanuel Pajot
Ms Weronika Borejko